Thursday, January 05, 2006

2006 New Year's Resolution

2006 has finally arrived. And so, it is yet again time to come up with my New Year's resolutions in hopes of coming out a better individual by the end of the year. I honestly do not remember what my resolutions were for 2005. I seem to have lost track of them sometime within the year, but I have a strong feeling they're not so different from my current resolutions.
I do remember that one of my goals last year was to learn how to drive. Never got around to doing that though. I still only know how to drive up to second gear, doing only right turns, thanks to my dear friend who sometimes, probably in moments of insanity, takes the chance of teaching us how to drive using his dear car.
Though I hope I can somehow squeeze it in as one of my must do's this year, it's not really much of a priority. To begin with, we don't have a car! so I really won't have anything to drive. No use learning if I an't got anything to practice with or eventually use yet. Well, maybe I just need to know if I am capable of learning it. haha!
Much as my mom assured me that there's no need to worry about hitting anything or anyone while driving because you'll find that the car would pretty much be like an extension of your body, I am actually quite apprehensive about how I would be as a driver. Along with having a faulty foot (see 'Mitzi-isms' below) I just keep bumping into walls, doors and fences and stuff, while walking! WHILE WALKING!!! What more if my body's connected to a ton of metal? (does a car weigh a ton, by the way?).
Well, ANYWAY, that was a long enough intro for and far enough segue from this entry's topic. I think I just need to record my resolutions for 2006. So I'll have something to get back to once in a while to check if i'm keeping them.
As a chatmate of mine pointed out to me, my resolutions basically revolve around wealth, health, and spirituality. Hopefully, it's for the improvement of my life experience in general (but then again, isn't that what it's supposed to be?). Haba nanaman ng isa pang intro! Without further ado, my resolutions are:

…to make it a point to really save! Save! Save! (maybe i'll set a target on how much savings i
should have by the end of the year)
…to make it a point to do my daily crunches…good luck talaga!
…to make it a point to really set time for my prayer time… miss ko na Siya kausap actually…
…to make it a point to learn how to cook…at least have a specialty by the end of the year…
…to make it a point to learn how to sew, as in actual clothes from scratch...
It goes without saying that I'll try to be a better person (in so many was) and really apply the things I've learned from people I meet and experiences I've had.
Cheers to 2006!



No comments: